UNISON SCOTTISH WOMEN’S CONFERENCE - 2011
Saturday 8 October 11am – 5pm (approx)
The Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh
- The timetable for the Conference is as follows:-
- Closing date for submission of motions Friday 9 September
- Closing date for registration of delegates Monday 19 September
- Delegate Pack sent (approx) Thursday 22 September
- Conference Saturday 8 Oct 2011
SEE THE MENU ON THE RIGHT FOR FORMS
2. Motions Branches are invited to submit motions to the Conference.
The Conference will consider and debate motions for the following
* Scottish Women's Conference - 8 October 2011
* National Women's Conference - 16 - 18 February 2012, Brighton
The Conference will also consider amendments to the Constitution
of the Scottish Women's Committee (see
In respect of the National Women's Conference, UNISON is entitled
to submit a maximum of two motions.
There is no limit to the number of motions a branch may submit.
Motions should also be appropriate for Women's Conference. They
should be signed by the Branch Secretary and/or appropriate Branch
NB MOTIONS SHOULD NOT INSTRUCT THE NEC, NATIONAL & REGIONAL COMMITTEES
(OTHER THAN THE NATIONAL AND SCOTTISH WOMEN'S COMMITTEES) OR ANY
Three separate forms for submitting motions for each Conference
and category links to all forms are on the right.:-
NB CLOSING DATE FOR MOTIONS: FRIDAY 9 SEPTEMBER 2011 3.
The Conference will be branch based. The basis of representation
will be as follows:
* Minimum of 2 delegates for branches with up to 1000 women members;
* Thereafter 1 delegate per additional 1000 women members or
* 1 delegate per self-organised group;
* 1 delegate from the Scottish Youth Committee;
* 1 delegate from the Scottish Committee;
* All members of the Scottish Women's Committee.
In selecting delegates every effort should be made to ensure
fair representation for low-paid and part-time members, as well
as black, lesbian and disabled members.
here for a delegation form ,
which should be completed and returned to me at this office. NB
CLOSING DATE FOR DELEGATES: MONDAY 19 SEPTEMBER 2011
Each delegate is accountable to the branch or group they are
Each delegate should be funded by their branch and/or group.
Branches and groups may send observers to the Conference. However
costs will have to be met by the branch or group.
A crèche will be provided at the Conference. A form for this
is enclosed. Should you require further information please do
not hesitate to contact me at this office.
Scottish Equalities Officer