Fair Pay Campaign
The 2008 pay claim was just
part of UNISON's ongoing campaign for Fair Pay. We need
a good annual increase in local government to keep pace
with rising prices, but we need much more besides.
is pursuing over 15,000 equal pay claims in Scotland alone.
Council workers in Scotland have already received around
£400 million in compensation and the issue has yet
to be resolved. Do you need information about equal pay?
The same problem exists across all public services. We are particularly concerned about part time, term time and casual workers in the public sector. Also, despite successful trade union campaigns, there are a growing number of privatised services in the public sector and pay and conditions tend to be attacked when a service goes private.
The success of the 2008 pay campaign reflects what trade unions do best – bringing members together for the common good. As the ne in a Million campaign leaflet says, you have a million people with you when you speak in UNISON!
If you support the campaign and you want your voice to be heard, join us in the campaign. We use email, internet, informal meetings, education courses, campaigns and action research to build the campaign. If you join us you can do as little or as much as you like, but your support gives the campaign strength so we will welcome your contribution.
This page gives some basic information about our Fair Pay Campaign.
- If you know someone who might join UNISON and support our campaign please ask them to fill in this form. Click here to view form as a PDF, or right click the link to download the PDF form. Print the form off, complete it and return to the address below.
- If you are a member and you would like to take part in the campaign please contact the Campaign Team at the address below. Click here to send an email and we will get in touch right away.
- If you would like to join our action research project and expose the problem of low pay you click on Action Research to send an email.
- If you would like up to date information on the local government pay dispute you can find it on this site. Click here to go to the UNISON Scotland Pay Matters web page.
- For information on the formal investigation into the pay of classroom assistants you should click here to see the report on the Equal Opportunities Commission website.
- For extra printed copies of our campaign leaflet you can click here to email us with a request.
You can also click here to view the PDF version, or right click the link to download the PDF document (265KB) and send it to anyone you think should see it.
- If you are interested, you can join our Homecare Workers Network - again click here to send an email with a request to join.
- If you would like to take an equal pay claim please complete this form. Click the link to view the form as a PDF, or right click the link to download the PDF form. Print the form off, complete it and return to:
Pay Equality Group
14 West Campbell Street
Glasgow G2 6RX
Thank You - the PEG team